Shower Pan Options - Pre-Fab vs PVC Shower Pan Liners
There are several types of shower pan liners
on the market today to choose from including the standard PVC shower pan liner and our very own OneLiners, prefabricated shower pans that offer even better protection against leaks.
What’s the Difference?
The OneLiner is a prefabricated shower pan liner that comes “preformed” and features seamless polyethylene plastic that virtually eliminates any chance of leakage.
The standard PVC shower pan lineris a flexible liner made from polyvinyl chloride.
What’s Better – A Prefab Shower Pan or PVC Shower Liner?
Dix Systems is proud to have repeat customers that have used both systems and we thank them for providing the following feedback on why they choose to now use our prefab shower pan, the OneLiner :
- The benefits of the prefabricated OneLiner shower pan greatly outweigh any benefits that common PVC liner used to provide.
- A PVC shower liner will inevitably have folds in the process of assembling a shower bed; folds inevitably cause water build-up in the shower, and water build up is something you absolutely do not want in your shower.
- Often the PVC shower base liner requires installing a horizontal piece of wood behind the studs, a process commonly referred to as ‘backing behind the studs’. This is an unnecessary hassle that is not required with the OneLiner prefab shower pan.
- As seen in the first photo above, the PVC liner is folding, and remains loose and unstable on the top however, the OneLiner prefab shower pan eliminates this problem. The walls and bottom are solidly built enabling the shower pan to stand on its own. Constructed of polyethylene plastic, the prefab shower pan liner is also virtually indestructible.
- The OneLiner also comes with a 25-year warranty. This gives stability in knowing your shower will be protected and you’ve chosen the right product for your home.
- The OneLiner is a highly recommended prefab shower pan liner product for anyone (including DIYers) considering building a shower pan. You should think about your future investment and know that you are doing yourself good, by avoiding and saving on damage costs or other problems that PVC shower pan liners can cause in the long run.
For more information about Dix’s Oneliner, the prefab shower pan preferred by most, please call us at Dix Systems toll free at 1-888-450-0112.